Organizational Conflict Approaches
Workplace Assessment, Mediation and Group Facilitation
August 21, 22, & 23, 2017 at Conrad Grebel University College, University of Waterloo
Facilitators: Rick Russell & Heather Swartz
Organizational Conflict Approaches has been accredited by the Law Society for 3 Professionalism Hours.
To register for this course please contact Rose Bowden of Agree Incorporated, toll free 1-800-524-6967 or 905-627-5582. click here for registration form
Cost: $1,338.05 + HST (price includes a copy of The Conflict Resolution Toolbox by Gary T. Furlong)
The workshop targets Human Resource and Labour Relations professionals as well as conflict management professionals looking to include organizational and workplace interventions in their constellation of services. Participants are introduced to workplace mediation as well as a variety of working models and skills for conducting workplace assessments and providing workplace rehabilitation. These include Relationship Capacity Building Workshops GAP Analysis and Circle Processes.
Who should attend?
Human resource specialists and generalists as well as managers and administrators who are responsible for resolving conflict within an organization. This workshop will be of particular interest to family and commercial mediators who are looking to broaden the scope of their work beyond mediation and to include workplace conflict management as a key part of their professional practice.
What will you learn in this workshop?
- an approach to conflict that is coherent, flexible and responsive to the variety of organizational cultures that you are likely to encounter
- effective intake methods and checklists
- how the mediation model can be effectively adapted to workplace conflict
- how to decide whether to use an internal or external mediator or consultant
- how to identify and work with a variety of Social Styles
- how to introduce an interest based process into a rights or power-based culture
- writing up agreements thoroughly in simple, practical language
- what should be included in a consultant’s engagement letter
- questioning and re-framing skills
- what to do about damaged trust within an organization or work team
- ethical issues surrounding the use of interest based dispute resolution in organizations
- what is involved in workplace assessment and restoration processes
- how to design a sound team capacity building process
- the materials provided during this workshop include practical checklists, questionaires, agreements and other practice aids.
Organizational Conflict Approaches provides demonstrations, role plays with real-time coaching and an interactive approach that gives opportunity to practice these new approaches to resolving workplace issues.
Organizational Conflict Approaches is a 21 hour, 3-day workshop that meets the requirements for Conrad Grebel College's Certificate Program in Conflict Management. Information on Conrad Grebel's Certificate Program can be viewed at http://grebel.uwaterloo.ca/certificate/index.shtml