Mediation Skills in the Organization
Applying Mediation in Human Resources and Employee Relations
Mediation is proving to be the single most effective Alternative Dispute Resolution (ADR) process available in today. Many organizations are now applying these skills inside the organization to help achieve:
- faster problem resolution
- higher satisfaction among employees
- fewer disputes
- lower turnover, absenteeism, sick days
- greater employee commitment
- better decisions
In union environments, grievance costs have dropped and issue resolution times dramatically reduced. In non-union settings, a better understanding of employee issues and higher job satisfaction levels have resulted.
The workshop is a 3-day, in-depth program focused on understanding the 4-stage mediation model, and how it can be applied in a variety of organizational structures.
Participants will have the opportunity to learn and practice mediation and conflict management skills in numerous simulated negotiations, case studies and role-plays. Strategies for removing obstacles to settlement will be explored and applied.
Sample topics include:
- the role of the internal neutral
- mediating harassment, interpersonal conflict, poisoned work environments, etc.
- ethical responsibilities to the participants and the company
- where to go if settlement isn't reached
Who Should Attend
All human resource and employee relations personnel in union or non-union environments.
If you are interested in attending this program, contact Agree for details.